ARCVic CARES 4Me Program

(Coordinated Anxiety Recovery and Emotional Support)

The Victorian Government has funded the Anxiety Recovery Centre Victoria, (ARCVic) to deliver a free program CARES 4me Program

(Co-ordinated Anxiety Recovery and Emotional Support program) to provide regular emotional support and assistance for your mental health and wellbeing in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

How will the CARES 4Me program help me?

The CARES 4me program will aim to provide a tailored emotional support care package to suit your individual needs and circumstances. If you, your child or someone you know have been feeling distressed, overwhelmed, having unwanted thoughts, feeling anxious or down for most of each day and this has lasted for several weeks you can contact the Anxiety Recovery Centre to discuss together how best to support you.

ARCVic will aim to match you with a carefully trained volunteer. Many of our volunteers have the lived experience of living with anxiety and or supporting a loved one which has led some to study psychology or counselling. They all have been carefully screened and selected to work with you to provide a combination of supports depending on your need and situation. For example this could be:

  • regular and or frequent emotional support from the same volunteer providing a safe and consistent space to share
  • guidance and assistance to manage life’s challenges and struggles
  • practical evidence based strategies to assist in improving and managing your emotional health and sense of wellbeing.

Support is provided via phone and internet-based services.

Who is eligible for the CARES 4Me program?

  • Anyone experiencing symptoms of anxiety
  • You do not have to have a diagnosed mental illness
  • You may be receiving psychological help with other support services and need additional emotional support
  • You may be a carer, parent or partner caring for a loved one affected by anxiety 

How can I access the CARES 4me program?

  • You can self-refer
  • A carer/family member can contact ARCVic on your behalf
  • A GP / service provider can make a referral on your behalf

How do I contact ARCVic to find out more?

For further information you can contact the Anxiety Recovery Centre Victoria directly through:  
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.